Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Brussels sprouts, take two. This recipe is similar to the one we used to grill this weekend. I liked these a little more and they were super easy. I halved the recipe from the original as there were only three of us eating tonight. It seems about a 1/4 lb is an adequate portion per person. For the salt and pepper, I just gave my grinders a few turns till they looked good. Next time I'd like to reduce the oil slightly to save some calories. I'm hoping this won't affect the roasting too much.
Adapted from Ina Garten

Ingredients
3/4 lb Brussels sprouts
1.5 T olive oil
Kosher salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.

3. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more salt before serving.

The Facts
3 Servings
Calories 114.9
Total Fat 7.0 g
Fiber 3.9 g
WW Points 2

No comments:

Post a Comment