Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pumpkin Pie

I made this pie last week for Thanksgiving. I must say, for my first pie, it was pretty darn good! So good, that my husband refused to let me to take ANY leftovers to work and insisted he would eat it all week. The pie is also super easy to make. I took a short cut and used a pre-made crust instead of making my own. I also didn’t have any pumpkin pie spice so I just measured out the spices individually. You would never even know this is low fat / low calories. It’s a great dessert alternative for the holidays.

Adapted from Hungry Girl

Ingredients
1 15 oz can pure pumpkin
1 12 oz can evaporated fat-free milk
1/2 cup Egg Beaters
3/4 cup Splenda
1/4 cup sugar free pancake syrup
1/2 T + 1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 T ginger
1/8 T ground all spice
1/8 T nutmeg
1/8 t salt
1 reduced fat graham cracker crust

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the filling. Mix well. Pour mixture into pie crust. The filling may be taller than the crust -- this is okay!

3. Bake pie in the oven for 45 minutes. Allow pie to cool slightly. Refrigerate for several hours (overnight is best). Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

The Facts
10 servings
Calories 143.1
Total Fat 3.0 g
Fiber 2.5 g
WW Points 3

No comments:

Post a Comment