Sunday, December 20, 2009

Inside Out Chicken Cordon Bleu

On Saturday after a morning of errands (Costco!) and then lunch, I was about to head over to my mother in laws house to make pierogi for her Polish Christmas Eve party. Before I go, I ask Bryan what our plans are for dinner. He says he’s in the mood for ‘deconstructed chicken cordon bleu’ similar to a seasonal favorite at a local restaurant. I semi-laugh, tell him to find a recipe and head out the door (with my KA stand mixer under my arm.)

Pierogi making was quite an adventure, let me tell you. Four hours, four batches of dough, two different fillings and 120+ pierogi later, we were exhausted! Next time I think we’re going to add some wine to the mix ;). At this point, Bryan (at home) has found a recipe and texted me the grocery list. I hit up Publix on the way home. Lucky for me, Bryan took the reins on this dish. He started off a little rocky, but the finished product was quite delicious! You can check out the full recipe on Food Network.

This was definitely a great dish that I’m sure we’ll make again, however of worthy note was the dressing from this recipe. On Bryan’s original list was fig jam OR raspberry jam. I went straight for the raspberry, because honestly, fig didn’t sound so great to me. When I went to write this blog entry, I pulled up the original recipe and noticed it had no mention of the raspberry jam. I asked Bryan about it and he said he knew I would immediately question the fig jam and came up with an alternative that sounded good. I think the raspberry jam really made this dish and the excellent dressing. This would be delicious on pretty much any kind of grilled meat. Check it out below.


Raspberry Jam Dressing
1.5 T raspberry jam
Kosher salt
Pepper
Italian seasoning
Rosemary, dried
Shallot, minced
2 T white wine vinegar
1/2 t Dijon mustard
1 T olive oil

Directions
In a small bowl whisk together jam, shallot, vinegar and mustard. Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and rosemary to taste. Enjoy over any meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment