Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Crockpot Chicken Lime Tacos

I haven’t used my CrockPot in a while. Well honestly, I haven’t touched it since the orange chicken failure, but we won’t talk about that. I heard about the whole put a smaller dish inside your large CrockPot to cook smaller portions rule, but failed to follow through with actually putting the lid on the dish inside, thus making it rather pointless. Oops. When I found this recipe, it seemed easy enough so I figured I could give the CrockPot (with a smaller dish inside) another try. I’m happy to say, it came out perfectly! The nice think about using a slow cooker is dinner is virtually ready when you get home with little work on your part, and, a bonus of using a small dish inside is that it’s MUCH easier to clean than that bulky CrockPot stoneware. I left the corn out since I’m not a big of it. I think I overcooked these a little, so next time I’ll set it for 5 hours instead of 6. My husband and I enjoyed these with some lettuce, cilantro, black olives, onion, cucumber, fat free sour cream and reduced fat shredded cheese on top. Makes for some yummy leftovers to take to work.

Adapted from Taste of Home

Ingredients
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 T lime juice
4 T water
1 T chili powder
1 cup salsa
Whole wheat tortillas
Toppings of your preference

Directions
1. Place chicken in a 3 qt slow cooker.

2. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.

3. Shred meat with two forks and stir in salsa.

4. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in tortillas with toppings of your choice.

The Facts
6 Servings (Chicken Only)
Calories 120.2
Total Fat 1.3 g
Fiber 0.5 g
WW Points 2

No comments:

Post a Comment