Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Desserts and Treat Tins

I volunteered to make desserts for Christmas Eve. I decided to make a bunch of mini desserts for more vareity and figures I could use the leftovers for dessert on Christmas day. I was originally going to make a bunch of half batches of the desserts, but then I thought it would be a good idea to make treat tins for people we would be visiting Christmas day. I was off work (or maybe I was sick ::cough, cough::) the Wednesday before the holiday so I spent the majority of the day baking the following goodies. They were all delicious and a big hit with everyone.

Red Velvet Cupcakes: These were originally supposed to be cookies, but I used applesauce and egg substitute instead of the oil and eggs and the result was more of a cake batter vs. a cookie dough.

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Mini Cheesecakes: I used used Nilla Wafers and fresh strawberries for half, oreo cookies and chocolate chips for the other half.

White Chocolate Oreo Truffles

Chocolate Oreo Truffles

White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge

Chocolate Fudge
I made a few more, but did not have a chance to photograph them before they were gone!
Mini Pecan Pies
Jam Thumbprints
Sugar Cookie Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment