Sunday, December 13, 2009

Grilled Brussels Sprouts

My typical go to vegetable side is broccoli. I pick up a big back at Costco and steam some with dinner throughout the week. Well, this week next to the broccoli was a big bag of brussels sprouts. I figured hey, why not try something different so I grabbed one. Next was, how do I cook these? In my search for a good recipe, this one stuck out since we were already using the grill for burgers. I cut the recipe in half since I was slightly skeptical about the vegetable. I will say that I liked them enough to try them again.

Adapted from Cara’s Cravings

Ingredients
1 lb brussels sprouts
1 T olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
dijon mustard, paprika, salt & pepper to taste

Directions
1. Wash the sprouts, trim the stems, and remove any outer leaves that are falling off.

2. Place them in a microwave-safe bowl, with water still clinging to them, and microwave on high power for 3 minutes. Immediately toss with the olive oil, garlic, mustard and seasonings. Let cool.

3. Heat grill to medium. When the sprouts are cool enough to handle, skewer them, with the stems all facing in the same direction, leaving a little space between each one.

4. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes, then turn over and cook 5 minutes more.

The Facts
4 Servings
Calories 90.1
Total Fat 3.5 g
Fiber 3.9 g
WW Points 1

No comments:

Post a Comment