Monday, December 7, 2009

Pumpkin Dog Cookies

Happy 2nd Birthday Brady! I can’t believe my puppy is two. I don’t care how old, or how BIG he gets, he’ll always be my puppy. When we first brought Brady home, he was 8 weeks and and 10.5 pounds. He’s grown into such an amazing dog since then. Not to say it was easy, we’ve had our fair share or chewed shoes, couch pillows, door mats, etc. But he’s a good dog now. Those ‘terrible two’s’ are behind us…I hope!

I came across this recipe and figured it would be perfect since I had some leftover pumpkin in the freezer and Brady’s birthday was right around the corner. I made this last night as an early treat for today. Of course Brady had to share some with his little sister Kaylee, but he was ok with that.


Adapted from Delish

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup wheat flour
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.

3. Scoop a teaspoon (or tablespoon if you have big dogs like Brady!) of dough and roll into a ball. If dough is too sticky, sprinkle with a little flour. Place balls on baking sheet and press flat with fork, criss-crossing horizontally and vertically until cookies are uniform in thickness.

4. Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Let cool completely before giving to your dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment