Monday, December 14, 2009

Artichoke Chicken Pasta

I planted an herb garden this weekend so I was quite excited that this recipe called for some FRESH basil. I planted a combo of pre potted plants and seeds. I am looking forward to having easy access to fresh cilantro, basil, parsley, rosemary and chives. Hopefully the seeds will grow quickly!

This recipe was good, although I think the use of marinated artichokes messed with the flavor some. The entire dish tasted like the artichoke marinade, which wasn’t necessarily bad, it just took away from the fresh basil and wine sauce. Next time I think I’ll try the canned artichokes. I made a half recipe and it was plenty for the two of us and a leftover lunch.

Adapted from Cooking Light

Ingredients
6 oz. wheat pasta
2 large skinless chicken breasts (mine were 14 oz.)
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup white wine
Salt & pepper
15 oz can artichoke hearts (I used 9.5 oz of marinated artichokes from Costco)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

Directions
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.

2. Heat oil (I used drained oil from the oil based artichoke marinade) over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan and sauté 2 minutes or until browned.

3. Add garlic and sauté additional minute.

4. Add wine, artichokes and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened and chicken is done.

5. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and fresh basil. Add pasta, stir to combine. Serve with additional basil garnish if desired.

The Facts
4 Servings
Calories 332.8
Total Fat 8.8 g
Fiber 4.5 g
WW Points 7

No comments:

Post a Comment