Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cilantro Turkey Burgers

With the slightly cooler weather this past weekend and no big Saturday plans, Bryan wanted to grill something for dinner. I had bookmarked a few turkey burger recipes to try so I took a look at them. This one looked perfect since it called for some cilantro and I happened to have some that needed to be used. I added a clove of garlic and half an onion to the patties for some extra flavor. I all increased the meat and portioned the servings slightly larger than the originals.

I made the patties and Bryan took care of the grilling. They came out perfectly cooked and were quite tender. We ate them on whole wheat buns with veggies on top. I made some grilled brussels sprouts and baked sweet potato fries to complete the delicious meal!


Adapted from Cooking Light

Ingredients
1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove
1/2 onion
1/4 t salt
1/4 t black pepper
1.5 lbs ground turkey (93% lean)

Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.

2. Divide turkey mixture into 5 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/3-inch-thick patty.

3. Heat up the grill. Add turkey patties, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.

The Facts
5 Servings
Calories 235.3
Total Fat 11.1 g
Fiber 0.7 g
WW Points 5

No comments:

Post a Comment