Saturday, February 13, 2010

Tabouli

I’ve made hummus before and that was fairly easy so I decided I’d try out a tabouli recipe. Turns out, it’s a lot easier with no need for a food processor!Plus, it’s super healthy. I added olive oil and cucumber to the original recipe. I will say that the parsley in this is overpowering. Next time I’ll probably cut the amount in half. Regardless is still was tasty. I served it with some toasted whole wheat pita wedges.

ETA 02/16/10: After letting the tabouli's flavors meld in the refrigerator over night, it tasted MUCH better. The parsley was not near as intense. I recommend letting this chill for at least 12 hours before even thinking about enjoying it.

Adapted from Cate’s World Kitchen

Ingredients
1 cup bulgur
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbl olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
4 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
15 fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
1 small cucumber, chopped

Directions
1. Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan.

2. As soon as it boils, remove it from the heat and stir in the bulgur. Let stand covered for 30 minutes.

3. Fluff the bulgur with a fork, then transfer to a bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.

4. Chill 20-30 minutes before serving.

The Facts
8 Servings
Calories 95.6
Total Fat 2.1 g
Fiber 4.1 g
WW Points 1

No comments:

Post a Comment