Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kale Chips

I had some extra kale leftover from Zuppa Toscana so I searched for some easy kale recipes. I came across a ton of different versions of kale chips. These were so easy to make and can be seasoned in a variety of ways. For this version, I simply used salt, pepper and paprika for a nice crisp taste. Kale chips are a great snack alternative to regular potato chips.

Ingredients
kale
olive oil
salt
pepper
additional seasoning if desired

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Rinse kale and pat dry. Trim leaves from stems. (I bought bagged kale so there were no stems on mine)

3. Toss lightly with olive oil, salt, pepper and seasoning.

4. Arrange kale in a single layer on a baking sheet.

5. Bake approximately 15 minutes, until leaves JUST begin to brown. Be sure to flip chips a few times for even cooking.

2 comments:

  1. Are they really a good alternative to potato chips? They seem kind of like the black bean brownies haha. I'll have to make them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY better than the black bean brownie failure! :) They are light and slightly salty. You should definitely try them.

    ReplyDelete