Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Spinach Artichoke Dip

It’s time to catch up on my New Year’s appetizer blogging! I made this spinach and artichoke dip for Thanksgiving and again for our New Year’s party. I’ve have made this dip many different ways with all different ingredients including mayonnaise, cream cheese, sour cream and Alfredo sauce. I’ve mixed and combined difference aspects of a bunch of recipes along the way that I feel confident enough to call this one my own! The recipe below I now use as my go to recipe and really like the flavor the Alfredo sauce brings to the recipe. It gives it that restaurant style creaminess.

Ingredients
4.5 oz. fresh baby spinach stems removed, chopped
14 oz. marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
5 oz. Alfredo pasta sauce
4 oz. fat free cream cheese, softened
1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Mix together all ingredients in large mixing bowl.

3. Spread mixture into 8x8 inch baking dish or 9 inch pie plate. (Can refrigerate at this point and bake right before you need it!)

4. Cover and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until cheeses are melted and bubbly. Serve warm. (Increase baking time 5-10 minutes if coming straight from refrigerator.)

No comments:

Post a Comment