Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chicken Tequila Burgers

I just bought this food processor from Costco. (Cuisinart Custom Pro 11-cup Stainless Steel Food Processor). In one word: AMAZING. I seriously love this thing. I’m not sure how I lived without a food processor before this (my baby 2 cup one doesn’t count!). I really can’t wait to use it again. I bet that slicing blade does wonders on some potatoes.

As soon as I saw this recipe, I bookmarked it. The burgers just looked so delicious, I had to try them. However, I didn’t have the wondrous food processor yet. Sure, I could have substituted ground turkey, or bought ground chicken at the store (SOO over priced!) but making my own looked way more fun. So that was the final push for my latest purchase. 100% worth it!

These burgers were incredibly flavorful (and easy!). I served them with some sautéed onions and lettuce on whole wheat buns with baked sweet potato fries on the side. Delicious and healthy, what more could you want? I recommend you try these ASAP. I made the mix the night before so at dinner time, all I had to do was form the patties and broil.

Adapted from Annie’s Eats

Ingredients
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
3 chicken breasts (mine were 1 lb. 5 oz.)
4 tbsp. cilantro
Zest of 1/2 a lime
1 oz. tequila
Dash of soy sauce
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs

Directions
1. Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush lightly with olive oil.

2. Combine the garlic, jalapeno, chicken breasts, cilantro and lime zest in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times until the chicken is uniformly ground.

3. Mix in the tequila, soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and panko. Pulses a few more times until the ingredients are well blended.

4. Form the mixture into 6 patties and place them on the prepared baking sheet.

5. Broil the burgers for about 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking to brown both sides. Check for doneness before serving.

The Facts
6 Servings

No comments:

Post a Comment