Monday, August 2, 2010

Pasta with Herbed Goat Cheese

This was a super easy and delicious side dish. I’ve been enjoying goat cheese in my salads and at restaurants a lot recently so when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it. I simplified the recipe by omitting the sautéed tomatoes. While I’m sure they would add a lot of flavor – one less pan to clean was kind of nice! I would easily make this again as a simple side to complement some grilled chicken or steak. I halved the recipe below and it was plenty for the two of us.

Adapted from Cooking Light

Ingredients
12 oz Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta
3 oz garlic and herb-flavored goat cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth

Directions
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; place in a large bowl. Add goat cheese, salt, pepper and broth to pasta; stir until well blended.

The Facts
6 Servings

No comments:

Post a Comment