Friday, August 27, 2010

Avocado Baked Mahi

So I heard there might be some interest in a fish recipe on the blog. Both Bryan and I enjoy fish but we never really cook it at home. I’m not sure why… Mahi was on sale at the grocery store this week so I decided this was good time to attempt cooking fish at home. I found a recipe that looked pretty good with a creamy avocado sauce. My problem with fish is I’m not quite sure how to tell when it’s done. I pulled these out after 13 minutes and they definitely needed more time. We stuck them back in for another 5 minutes or so. I enjoyed the final product and really liked the avocado sauce on top.

Adapted from Cara’s Cravings

Ingredients
1/2 of an avocado, pureed
1 tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt (14gm)
1 tbsp minced scallion, green part only
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
dash of salt
2 Mahi Mahi filets, 6 oz. each
coarsely ground black pepper

Directions
1. Whisk together the avocado, yogurt, scallion, garlic, Worcestershire, ginger, and salt.

2. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an oven-safe skillet or baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place the fish in the pan and sprinkle with salt. Spread 1-2 tbsp of the avocado mixture on top of each and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

3. Warm the remaining avocado mixture gently in the microwave (low heat for about 30 seconds; you can thin with a little water if you like). When ready to serve the fish, drizzle with warm avocado sauce and sprinkle with black pepper.

The Facts
2 Servings

No comments:

Post a Comment