Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Zucchini Oven Chips

These were delicious! I try to vary the vegetables we eat weekly and my husband suggested some zucchini for this week’s menu. I searched for some recipes, and this one was a definite winner. I subbed panko for breadcrumbs which I think helped give the chips a little extra crunch. I’m sure this would taste great with yellow squash as well. I look forward to making this recipe again.

Adapted from Cooking Light

Ingredients
1/4 cup whole wheat panko
1 oz. grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp egg substitute
3 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch-thick

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 425°.

2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.

3. Place egg substitute in a shallow bowl. Add zucchini slices and stir to ensure each is thoroughly coated.

4. Once slice at a time, shake off excess egg and dredge in panko mixture. Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet. (For a short cup, add panko mixture to 1 gallon Ziploc bag. Add zucchini slices. Shake! Place on wire rack and sprinkle excess mixture on top.)

5. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.

The Facts
4 Servings

No comments:

Post a Comment