Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Beginning

Oh, another blog! Hmm, so I decided to start a blog. Exciting, eh? Yea, we'll see about that. So my short term plan for this blog is more or less a recipe file. Long term, who knows?

I've recently become more interested in cooking. I enjoy browsing other food blogs and websites for good recipes to try. I usually print the recipe, make the dish, and then stash the paper in a 'junk drawer.' I'm sure if and when I wanted to cook that special meal again, I would have no idea where the recipe went! Thus, the point of this blog.


This is what I'm dealing with! Just look at all those recipes I pulled out of the drawer.

A little background on me. My name is Erin and I was recently married to my husband, Bryan on June 13, 2009. We currently live in Orlando with our two labs, Brady and Kaylee. We are both engineer graduates from the University of Florida (GO GATORS!) and avid sports fans. We love watching Gator games and are also big New England Patriot and Boston Red Sox fans. Well, he is, I am by default. :)

In July, we were looking to start a healthier life style and decided to join Weight Watchers. I'm happy to say that we've stayed on plan for the past four months with great results! I think the fact that we're both doing it together has been very beneficial.

That brings me to the cooking part. One of the main reasons I've taken an interest in cooking is to provide my husband and I with delicious and healthy meals that fit our WW plans. You'll notice after most of my recipes, I'll post nutrition information as well as the WW points as calculated on eTools for each serving. I calculate all nutrition data based directly off the labels of the ingredients I use (with the exception of fresh produce and spices/seasonings), so please be advised that your nutrition data could vary slightly.

That's all I have now, wish me luck on my kitchen and cooking journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment